The Diocese of Greensburg Archives collects and preserves the historic and executive records and artifacts of the four-county diocese which was established in 1951. The collections of the Archives include the personal and public papers of the previous diocesan bishops, parish histories, historical photographs, records of diocesan offices and a variety of historic media on various multimedia formats.
The overall mission and purpose of the Greensburg Diocesan Archives is to collect, preserve, and make available those historic documents and artifacts that compose the historic Catholic patrimony of this region. It's the determination of the archives staff to fuel the future endeavors of this diocese with the record of its past achievements and undertakings.
For a list of former churches of the Diocese of Greensburg and their successor parishes, visit our Former Churches Directory.
For inquiries, please contact:
Dennis P. Wodzinski, Archivist
723 E. Pittsburgh Street
Greensburg, PA 15601
Phone: (724) 552-2505