The Communications Office of the Diocese of Erie seeks to hire a multi-media journalist to handle its digital presence. The person in this newly created position will work on platforms ranging from Facebook and Twitter to Instagram.
- Ability to cover news events and write features for online and print. Significant involvement with diocesan website, www.ErieRCD.org, which will relaunch this spring.
- Also responsible for writing, producing and editing weekly video stories prepared for social media. May have on-camera presence, if appropriate. The candidate will demonstrate strong communications skills and ability to interact with many diocesan departments.
- Some evening and weekend assignments, and some travel within the 13 counties of northwest Pennsylvania required.
- The Communications Office of the Diocese of Erie collaborates closely with the Office of the Bishop, ensuring that priorities and teachings of the Catholic Church are shared with the public in a clear, thoughtful and uplifting manner.
Go to http://www.ErieRCD.org/employment.htm
for a full position profile and details on how to apply.
Deadline for application: Feb. 19, 2018.
Photography/Multimedia Internship in the Office of Communication
This is a paid internship that supports the Office for Communications, The Catholic Accent—which is the official newspaper of the Diocese of Greensburg — and its social media presence. The months, days and hours can be flexible. The intern will report to the staff photographer/multimedia specialist.
- Take photos of diocesan and parish events in photojournalistic style.
- Select and edit images using Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom software.
- Work collaboratively with staff photographer to organize and archive diocesan photos using a digital asset management system.
- Cognizant of readership demographics and opportunities for growth, contribute fresh ideas
- toward the advancement of the diocesan newspaper and its social media.
- Create visual content, such as stock photos and photo illustrations, for the Office for Communications.
- Work together with assigned departments within the pastoral center to produce photos for marketing purposes.
- During newspaper production, size and format photos for the printing process while working under deadline.
- Other duties as assigned by the photographer/multimedia specialist, which may include video production.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program from an accredited college or university. The ideal candidate will be working toward a photography and/or multimedia degree and should have at least one full year of studies completed.
- Experience covering live events in photojournalistic style.
- Demonstrated competency in using a DSLR camera.
- Competency in using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign as well as Microsoft Office on Windows platform.
- Adept at multitasking between projects in various stages of completion.
- Solid understanding of the Catholic faith and Mass.
- Experience in producing video using Adobe Premiere Pro software desired but not required.
- The days and hours can be flexible, and the average work week will be 10 hours.
- Work Environment and Hours:
- The photography/multimedia intern will work closely with a seven-person team in the Office for Communications.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends. Must have a reliable means of transportation, and assignments include mileage reimbursement.
- Staff photographer/multimedia specialist
- Send letter of interest with link to portfolio or website to Mary Seamans at email@example.com by March 7.