Anyone who is new to the Catholic school system or new to ministry in evangelization and faith formation is required to attend. During this transition year, anyone who has come into the Catholic school system or to ministry in evangelization and faith formation during or after the 2005-06 catechetical year will need to attend the orientation sessions.
An orientation session will be scheduled during, the catechetical year for all Catholic school personnel, catechists, youth ministry volunteers, and RCIA team members. They will be scheduled at centralized locations in the diocese at a parish location and last two and a half hours. There is no cost for this level of training and certification, however, no individual or walk-in registrations are accepted.
Content covered in Orientation Sessions include:
- Defining the diocesan vision of catechesis
- Definition of catechetical terms
- Successful catechetical methods and lessons
- How to be a successful catechist
- Personnel prayer and relationship with Christ
- A self-evaluation of the year
- Evaluation in small groups
- Witness talk from an experienced catechist