The Office of Catholic Schools is under the direction of the superintendent who is also a diocesan managing director. The office also includes a director of Catholic school services, a director of curriculum and instruction as well as a Catholic schools coordinator. The boards of trust administrators (pastors) and the trust advisor (superintendent) have oversight and direction of the Catholic elementary schools in service of the trustee (bishop). The superintendent supervises professional and support staff in consultation and cooperation with board of trust administrators.
The diocesan secondary schools are under the direction of the Office of Catholic Schools. As such, they must adhere to the policies and procedures established and interpreted by the superintendent of Catholic schools.
Who and How We Serve
- Four counties: Armstrong, Fayette, Indiana, Westmoreland
- 10 Catholic elementary schools
- 2 junior-senior high schools
- 78 parishes
- 252 full and part time faculty and administrators
- 72 percent of Catholic school student population is Catholic
- Educate 30 percent of Catholic youth in the diocese