Golden Apple Award Eligibility
The candidate must:
- Be a practicing Catholic in good standing who demonstrates Catholic values
- Be a full-time teacher who has been employed in one of the following Catholic Schools of the Diocese of Greensburg for a minimum of three consecutive years:
- Aquinas Academy, Greensburg
- Christ the Divine Teacher School, Latrobe
- Conn-Area Catholic School, Connellsville
- The Divide Redeemer School, Ford City
- Geibel Catholic Junior-Senior High School, Connellsville
- Greensburg Central Catholic Junior-Senior High School
- Mary Queen of Apostles School, New Kensington
- Mother of Sorrows School, Murrysville
- Queen of Angels Catholic School, North Huntingdon
- St. Bernard Regional School, Indiana
- St. John the Evangelist Regional Catholic School, Uniontown
- St. Sebastian Regional School, Belle Vernon
- Be nominated by a fellow Diocesan teacher, current parent/guardian, elementary/middle school student with their parent/guardian, high school student, alum, parent of former student, or priest
Note: The Golden Apple Award may be received only once. Previous winners are not eligible.
Nomination forms are due by Monday, January 8, 2024
Login (diocesan employees and existing users):
All diocesan employees and users who already have an account, please click here to sign in to your Golden Apple Nomination page.
Forgot your password? Reset password (diocesan employees do not need to do this)
Create new account (if applicable):
If you are NOT a diocesan employee and you need to create an account, please follow these steps:
A selection committee has been created to conduct the selection process. All applications will be reviewed blindly with names, schools and geographic locations removed.
All applications will be evaluated based on the following:
- Level of education
- Professional experience
- Professional development
- Professional leadership
- Service to school, church and community
- Applicant’s essay
- Letters of Recommendation
All awards will be presented at A Celebration of Catholic Schools breakfast on Thursday, March 14, 2024 from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. at Stratigo’s Banquet Centre. Awardees must be in attendance at this event.
Diocesan teachers who have been nominated for a Golden Apple Award can proceed to our secure Intranet site to complete a Teacher Application.