Photography/Multimedia Internship in the Office of Communication
This is a paid internship that supports the Office for Communications, The Catholic Accent—which is the official newspaper of the Diocese of Greensburg — and its social media presence. The months, days and hours can be flexible. The intern will report to the staff photographer/multimedia specialist.
- Take photos of diocesan and parish events in photojournalistic style.
- Select and edit images using Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom software.
- Work collaboratively with staff photographer to organize and archive diocesan photos using a digital asset management system.
- Cognizant of readership demographics and opportunities for growth, contribute fresh ideas
- toward the advancement of the diocesan newspaper and its social media.
- Create visual content, such as stock photos and photo illustrations, for the Office for Communications.
- Work together with assigned departments within the pastoral center to produce photos for marketing purposes.
- During newspaper production, size and format photos for the printing process while working under deadline.
- Other duties as assigned by the photographer/multimedia specialist, which may include video production.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program from an accredited college or university. The ideal candidate will be working toward a photography and/or multimedia degree and should have at least one full year of studies completed.
- Experience covering live events in photojournalistic style.
- Demonstrated competency in using a DSLR camera.
- Competency in using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign as well as Microsoft Office on Windows platform.
- Adept at multitasking between projects in various stages of completion.
- Solid understanding of the Catholic faith and Mass.
- Experience in producing video using Adobe Premiere Pro software desired but not required.
- The days and hours can be flexible, and the average work week will be 10 hours.
- Work Environment and Hours:
- The photography/multimedia intern will work closely with a seven-person team in the Office for Communications.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends. Must have a reliable means of transportation, and assignments include mileage reimbursement.
- Staff photographer/multimedia specialist
- Send letter of interest, resume and link to portfolio or website to Mary Seamans at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 21.