SCHOLARSHIP PARTNERS FOUNDATION
The Scholarship Partners Foundation was established by the Diocese to take part in the State of Pennsylvania’s tax credit programs, which includes Educational Improvement (EITC), Opportunity Scholarship (OSTC) and Pre-Kindergarten (PKTC).
Business Eligibility Through Scholarship Partners Foundation
Businesses are eligible to participate if one or more of the following taxes are paid annually:
- Corporate Net Income Tax
- Capital Stock Franchise Tax
- Bank and Trust Company Shares Tax
- Title Insurance Companies Shares Tax
- Insurance Premiums Tax
- Mutual Thrift Institution Tax
In general, these types of businesses are eligible to participate:
- S Corporations
- C Corporations
- General Partnerships
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
Businesses can redirect their Pennsylvania state tax credit dollars to one or more of the 12 Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Greensburg.
Businesses have two options for participation:
One-Year Commitment—For one year of participation, a business receives 75% of its contribution in tax credits.
Two-Year Commitment—For two years of participation, requiring a contribution of the same amount each year, a business receives 90% of its contribution in tax credits.
The State of Pennsylvania has allocated $405 million in the state budget for the EITC and OSTC scholarship programs.
May 15: Businesses who are in the middle of a two-year commitment or who just finished a one or two-year commitment may apply.
July 1: Businesses who are new to the program may apply.
All applications must be completed online using the links below. Please note that you can complete and save your application at any time, but you cannot submit your application until the appropriate date listed above.
Where do the contributions go?
- The Scholarship Partners Foundation utilizes EITC, OSTC and PKTC contributions for tuition assistance in grades PK-12. Receiving families must meet the financial requirements outlined by the DCED.
- Each of the Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Greensburg uses a third party tuition management system to evaluate and determine the financial needs of individual families.
- Businesses may designate their contribution to the school of their choice or allow the Diocese to allocate the contribution as needed.
For more information, please contact William Barnes at [email protected]