Date Added: 1/20/2023
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Greensburg seeks qualified applicants to provide direct counseling services to clients in support of the mission of Catholic Charities and the Diocese of Greensburg.
The selected candidate will be expected to provide counseling services and accept cases as assigned; interview clients for the purpose of obtaining information upon which to base a diagnosis and treatment plan; provide adequate information and referral services to clients; and develop appropriate follow-up procedures to determine the client was helped.
The selected candidate will work with the Director of Counseling Services to review and update individual counseling service plans.
A Master’s degree is required. The degree should be in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or a related mental health field. Must be licensed or license eligible in Pennsylvania; have Act 33/34 clearances; insurance credentials with major insurers; and a minimum of 2 years experience in a related mental health setting. Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: [email protected].
- Provide counseling services and accept cases as assigned.
- Interview clients for the purpose of obtaining information upon which to base a diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Provide adequate information and referral services to clients whom the therapist cannot help and develop appropriate follow-up procedures to determine the client was helped.
- Ensure confidentiality of clients and all appropriate agency information.
- Assist and counsel couples preparing for marriage in making assessments toward a mature decision.
- Analyze and evaluate information to develop psycho-social diagnosis. (This assumes a knowledge and an ability to identify dynamics of various marital/family relationships.)
- Develop an on-going relationship with clients.
- Establish a mutually agreed upon contract with client(s).
- Constant reevaluation of treatment goals and process to ensure best delivery of service.
- Keep a chronological record of all information and relative progress in client counseling.
- Consult with supervisor regarding treatment plan and/or other observations pertinent to cases.
- Give adequate information to supervisor ensuring appropriate treatment and service.
- Develop long and short-range treatment goals and processes.
- As requested by administration, maintain and direct groups for various clients who have the same situations.
- Collect fee for service.
- Be accountable to meet or exceed performance measurements as set by the Agency.
- Be responsible to Agency policy and procedures by preparing social case records and other related records and reports as assigned.
- Be accountable for all statistical forms required by the Agency.
- Accept all Intake calls and requests for service as assigned by supervisor.
- Provide services and accept assignment to any designated Catholic Charities location.
- Maintain insurance company credentials.
- Manage provider relations with all applicable insurance carriers.
- Accept responsibility to work evenings and weekends whenever the needs of the client and/or Agency require such work.
- Be responsible for self-development as a professional by seeking/accepting opportunities for on-going education and participation in professionally related organizations.
- Upon request, prepare and present conferences.
- Upon request, attend and participate in conferences and other Agency functions.
- Represent the Agency at conferences or meetings in a professional capacity.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by authorized personnel or required to meet emergency needs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org